I’ve been sharing a lot about my productivity lately on Periscope TV , aka, my favorite go-to apps for organizing my business and my life! We all have our favorites. I can tell you ONE app that is not on this list that I’m looking into right now and that’s EVERNOTE. Everyone that uses it raves about it. I looked into several years ago and for whatever reason, at the time, it seemed too complicated. I’m all about easy-peasy simplification. But now I’m rethinking it since I hear that it allows images to be attached to notes (I know it’s always allowed this but now I have a specific want/need for that so it really caught my attention!).
Productivity to me means SAVING TIME with SIMPLICITY. If an app is too time consuming on my end to set up, I tend to use it for a few days and then it lives on one of the back pages of my iPhone, dormant, after that. I look for apps that sync with other platforms and improve my day in some little way.
Here are my top 12 apps that helps me organize everything from my daily to-do list, my goals, my photography session for high school seniors and families as well as my senior style shoots, grocery list, photo managers, and more.
1. ERRANDS. This sounds like a simple little “errands” app. It’s not. It’s SO much more. I use this for my main “To Do” list for the main reason that it allows a few features I want and need in a list/task manager. After searching through hundreds of apps and actually spending money on many, this is the one I settled into. I like it for the ability to write out a Master List (BRAIN DUMP) and then create several categories with ease. If I type a task ONCE I never want to type it again—this accommodates that. I’m currently looking into Evernote—it may replace Errands soon. We’ll see.
2. 30/30: The perfect app that allows you to set up ROUTINES that are timed. I use this on a day where time is a crunch and I have to stay focussed and on schedule.
3, MAILBOX: The most amazing app yet. It manages my mail and puts it in its place. Seriously an amazing email manager.
4. DRAGON DICTATION. Yes, there are many voice recorders in the app store, but this little app is brilliant for allowing me to dictate a blog post into my phone speaker, correct any words I see (very easily—more so than with the normal type tool in iPhone) and then email the content to myself. Brilliant times 10.
5. iWATERMARK: This is one of several tools I use for “marketing from my phone”. This app allows me to watermark my images after sending them to myself either via email or dropbox. Lots of watermarks already loaded for those that are not photographers, but what I love is the ability to load my own logo and branding.
6. HOOTSUITE: For scheduling and managing my social media right from my mobile device. Also a GREAT app for this: BUFFER.
7. TOP MODEL RELEASE: The amazing in-phone (or iPad) model-release app that clients can sign on my phone with their finger. Voila!
8. PIC FLOW: The easy to use—easy to create slide-show maker. The best I’ve found for the style videos I create right in my phone.
9. FIVERR & UPWORK: Yes, they BOTH have apps that allow me to view the applicants and status of items I’ve sourced out. It’s an easy way to manage outsourced jobs on the go.
10. IF THIS THAN THAT: A fun little app that I’ve recently discovered that automates everyday tasks between apps by creating custom recipes with “if this, then that” statements.
11.iCATCHER: I have to admit something here. I JUST discovered the amazing world of podcasts. I’m not even kidding. I LOVE listening to podcasts everyday for motivation and inspiration! I’ll write a blogpost about my favorites. So…iCatcher. It collects all of your favorite podcasts into a playlist! Love it.
12. SOONER: While this is a task and list manager, I use it specifically for projects, blog content ideas and goals. I love the color-wheel interface and the ability to create multiple sub-lists. This app makes me so happy when I open it.
BONUS TIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE STUDENTS!
As a high school senior photographer, I have many seniors and college students that follow me. Here are 3 top apps my own kids give their stamp of approval on (Tori just graduated from Nursing School and Jordan is in his 3rd year of college):
13. BRAINSCAPE (or, QUIZLET): the fabulous app that allows you to double your learning speed using the most effective study system on the planet. Flash cards!
14. NOTABILITY: An amazing note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations and more!
15. TALKBOARD: This app is useful for any collaboration work because you can share whiteboard screens and work together effectively.
AND…there you have it!
Now download, organize and get productive with simplicity! :)